lørdag den 25. maj 2013

Tried going to church in South Korea, over 9000 people!!!

All around the world you can find the so called Mega-churches, and Yeouido Full Gospel Church in Seoul South Korea, is one of them.



If can hold up to 26.000 people at one mass, and is the biggest protestant church in the world in terms of membership. 1.000.000 members are associated with Yeouido Full Gospel Church.

Last semester a friend told me about this giant church in Yeouido, capable of holding more than 20.000 people. I had already decided that I wanted to experience a mass here in South Korea. And since I used to sing in a professional choir for 11 years, which brought me all around the world visiting a variety of both known and unknown churches, and a good friend of the family back home had asked me if I would be so kind to buy him a Bible in Korean, I thought: "why not try and do both at once!?"



I had some accidents with finding my way to the church, but essentially it just comes down to looking on a map.
I walked from Yeouido station on the purple line, but it can also easily be done from Yeouinaru station (same line)
Walk through and past the park towards the river bank. If it is a problem to find it ask some people on the street, 90% of the people there know about it!

The easiest way to get there would probably be from Yeouinaru station, and then walking with the bank of the river towards the church (you can also take a bus from the station, but I have no clue which number).




Me getting lost in Yeouido Park  


The church has seven masses each Sunday with each more than 10.000 attendants. If you would ever want to visit this place, which I greatly recommend, if not for belief then just for the experience!




On Sundays language barriers and being short of time should not be too big a problem:
Mass:
 - 7, 9, 11 am
 - 1, 3, 5:30 and 7:30 pm





Here are some pictures from inside the church!





Unfortunately you cannot see it properly on these pictures, but they actually have both a band (normal in a gospel church), and a well sized classical orchestra! This added to the more than 150+ person choir makes for some really good musical additions to the mass!


I am going again just for the music haha! :P

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar