For those who do not, he is a "culinary expert, chef and television host" (taken from Wikipedia), and in his perhaps most famous show, Bizarre Foods, he once visited Seoul, South Korea. In that video he tries out a lot of the different food that you can get in Korea, and sort of inspired me to also try a lot of the different, and in western eyes weird foods that you can get.
What I have found until now, and eagerly looking forward to try are:
- 용봉탕 (Yongbongtang) Turtle Soup
- 번데기 (Beondegi) Insect Chrysalis
- 육회 (Yukhoe) Tartar/Raw Beef (pretty normal thing also in the west, but never tried it)
- 산낙지 (Sannakji) Live Octopus
- 족발 (Jokbal) Pigs feet
- 보신탕 (Boshintang) and 개장국 (Gaejangguk) Dog Soup
- 홍어회 (Hongeohoe) Rotten Skate (fish)
Along with this I also plan to try every possible kind of street food available in Seoul, the cone pizza is still really high up on that list!
LOOK AT ALL THIS LOVE FOOD!!! >D
I know that some of these things may seem really disgusting and in no way appealing, but I like to just throw myself out there and experience as much as possible, especially regarding food.