fredag den 14. september 2012

My New Schedule

Hello there fine gentle people! ^^

As mentioned earlier my reason for going to Korea was, is and will still be studying. My schedule also shows that.

We selected courses about two weeks ago, and I am now finally ready to start studying. Times feel really slow when you are not doing anything particular, when there is no structure or particular thing that you have to do. At least this is how I feel, and now that feeling is starting do disappear. We had our first normal classes last week, and in  15 days the language course will be starting as well.


When going to university, studying is usually your own business. You maybe have a couple of hundred pages that you have to read for some lectures that will take place during the week, but on the other side you only have 7-12 lessons/lectures during a week. This makes it a bit more manageable, some people even say easy. But because Yonsei university offers a really intensive language course, which was one of the reasons for me choosing Yonsei, my schedule looks a bit different than a normal university students schedule.


1: 09:00-09:50
2: 10:00-10:50
3: 11:00-11:50
4: 12:00-12:50
5: 13:00-13:50
6: 14:00-14:50
7: 15:00-15:50
8: 16:00-16:50
9: 17:00-17:50

Yeah, 26 lessons a week. This is like high school all over.

I could have chosen to only take the language course and one other course. This would have made the amount of homework less and more manageable. But since taking two courses besides the language course in theory can cut of 3 months of my education, I chose to just go for it.
An easy way to explain it, is just to say that I have to take a certain amount of courses during my education, and if I take a lot early on I only have to take a few later on.




These are the books, + 2 more I have still not received, I am using this semester +  a ton of different academic texts. Even though it looks and sounds really boring I actually find all my classes really interesting!



In the Korean Policy and Democracy classes I have a really awesome professor, he works for ASAN - Asian Institute for Policy Studies.

I know that I used to hate social studies, but our professor is really awesome, and when he mentioned the possibility of getting an internship with ASAN I was instantly hooked. If I actually can squeeze it into my schedule would really like to try and work with this!

http://asaninst.org/eng/     If people want to check it out.








The only thing that I am concerned about, is if my already limited time with my girlfriend will be completely taken away, which I would hate more than anything else.


4931 miles apart, but still under the same sky
www.jeongie.com


2 kommentarer:

  1. I know we can make it work! ^^ So do not worry, you hardworking handsome guy! ㅋㅋ
    I love you <3

    열심히해! ^^ Fighting!!

    SvarSlet
  2. How exciting!! How are you liking Korea so far? :)

    SvarSlet