fredag den 17. august 2012

The Trip

Let me tell you people something

I have traveled a lot during my life. From Denmark to France, Germany, USA, but going from Denmark to Singapore and thereafter Korea is one long trip. You might think that, "Hey you got to see some of Singapore also, lucky you!", but that is most definitely not the case. The trip was 21 hours long. In 21 hours I could have played more than a hundred games of Starcraft. Yes, that is one perfectly fine way to compare to real life situations.

I did actually not complain that much during the travel, but when I look back on it and think about how much time it actually was, I feel like I have to complain a little. Especially because some of my friends who also came here to study only had to travel for 12-ish hours. I guess I will keep this in mind for when I will be leaving in a year.





The trip in short was like this:

Denmark -> Singapore:                       12 h 30 m
Singapore airport:                                 2 h
Singapore -> Korea:                             6 h 30 m
Incheon airport -> Sinchon hostel:          1 h



And this does not include the 1 hour waiting at the airport because Kat's luggage was missing.











Since that I actually am in Korea I have started writing random stuff down on a piece of paper. Random stuff that I as a foreigner find funny or strange in the Korean society.

Stuff like this:
 - Mother and son holding hand in had on the street (yes, the son is more than 15 years old)
 - People in the metro and their cell phones (people without cell phones in the metro do not exist, trust me)

Kinda weird I would say. But what do I know, I am not Korean.






"You looking for someone else with
blond hair Annemette?"


I could have written a million things about the trip, but since I would find it boring to read about, I have no intention of making you fine gentlemen and -women do so. Just writing about this was boring, but I felt I kinda had to start somewhere.

The only thing worth mentioning is that I feel like someone that is not supposed to be here. Tall, white and with typical western looks, make me stand out very easily - very weird feeling indeed!





1 kommentar:

  1. How 'bout people sleeping on the train/metro? You would never (ever) not see sleeping people on trains in Japan.

    And about standing out... I can relate. Go to the country side - you'll be noticed fo' sho!

    SvarSlet