lørdag den 25. august 2012

The Korean cuisine

 (So yeah. In my mind is has only been two days since the last blog post, even though that might not add up with reality)


I am no expert on this subject, but this is my first impression of Korean cuisine. I have written a list of the most eaten things in Korea (according to what I have experienced)




 - Rice: (Mostly) Little white things you eat when you cannot afford potatoes.




















 - Noodles and Ddeok: The reason why Koreans do not bake cakes and stuff. They use all the flour here.























 - Kimchi: Wikipedia explains it better than me: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimchi


















 - Mandu: A wannabe spring roll (actually it is a dumpling, but that is still a wannabe spring roll).



















 - Stew: Flavored water with stuff in it.






















 - Soup: Water with flavor.





















 - Barbecue: Throw meat on grill, eat meat and be happy!













(


I know that this is different ways of cooking a meal, and also regular food, but these things are the characteristics in my opinion in terms of ingredients and ways of cooking.

Some of the things in Korean cooking is continually used for a lot of meals. You WILL get side dishes for almost every meal. This is nicely shown on the barbecue picture. It will mostly be Kimchi and vegetables, but it can be accompanied by eggs, pancakes and different kinds of chili paste called gochujang (고추장). And also a lot of other different stuff, but these I have seen the most.


Mandu, Ddeok, Kimchi and some other things are in a lot of places used as main ingredients. This could be Mandu soup, Ddeok soup or Kimchi soup. The same goes for stews. Regarding barbecues I just use it as an excuse for eating more meat than usual.




Some of the things I have eaten so far

참치찌개 (Kimchi Jjigae) - Tuna, kimchi and vegetable stew served with rice








설농탕 (Seolleongtang) - Boiled ox brisket and bones into a soup served with rice


This one also contains Mandu*




닭갈비 (Dak galbi) - Stir-fried marinated chicken with vegetables and noodles or rice.




* the first picture from the left also contains Ddeok







삼겹살 (Samgyeopsal) - Fat slices of pork (bigger than bacon pieces, similar to "stegt flæsk" in Denmark.






비빔밥 (Bibimbab) - Litterally "mixed meal". Rice, vegetables mostly an egg plus maybe some meat.








만두국 (Manduguk) - Dumpling soup. Soup with dumplings and some vegetables.






떡볶이 (Ddeokbokki) - rice cake (NOT THE ONES YOU THINK!) and chili sauce.







EDIT!!!: Forgot to add a really important thing! 

김밥 (Kimbab) - Rice and random stuff in seaweed, one of the most typical meals in Korea








I like all of these things very much, and I am not picky about my food, but I am fearing that this might not last forever.


The question is when I will start missing food from Denmark. I am especially talking about rye-bread and everything that follows.





This was it for now. I hope you got hungry.



(I joke a lot)

2 kommentarer:

  1. (ノ ゚Д゚)ノ ==== ┻━━┻ (Accidentally refreshed the page before posting; here goes again)

    Why there be no kimbap???
    Also, try out the yukhoe bibimbap - if I remember correctly, you don't d well with raw things ●_(゚∀゚ )≡ モヒョヒョヒョ

    Keep the culture derp comin'!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Gwuahahaha! Knew I forgot something! Guess I can add it in keke

      Slet